Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stop and smell the roses

Sometimes you think you have it bad, and it takes someone else's situation to make you realize you really have it good.
Twice a week I go to physical therapy for my shoulder, and as I lay on the torture table, and get my arm yanked back, I think of how much pain I am in, and why did me of all people, a girl who never played athletic sports in high school, get stuck with a shoulder injury.

Today I asked my therapist, "have you ever had therapy?" Thinking maybe he could sympathize my pain. He answered yes. He had broken a color bone in college, and recently, he told me he broke three ribs. You would never guess how, he broke them from coughing too hard. Me, being a smart ass asked him if he smoked. He said no, but radiation and chemo therapy caused him to loose his voice and cough a lot. He said he is now in remission for Hodgkin's lymphoma.

If that doesn't make you stop and smell the roses, I don't know what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment